Square aluminum tubing 1/4" x 1/4" x 3 or 4 feet.

Page 2 of 2

On Wed, 06 Jan 2010 09:43:44 -0800, Smitty Two

That's a good idea. I did look at 2 HDs which from the sign never had square alumimnum, and a friend looked at an independent, which had 1-foot pieces. I looked for metal stores (they have 2 plastic stores in town) but I didn't think to look for machine shops.
But it's cold out, and the days are short, so I don't feel like looking farther. If this comes up in the other 8 months of the year, I'll try that.
mm wrote:

McMaster Carr is an industrial supplier. We (us individual non-business entities) are actually lucky that they go through the hassle of doing business with us.
Other industrial suppliers (Grainger, Johnson) have learned that non-business entities are a big hassle, and they now only deal with businesses.
It is a good idea to just accept the policies of the company, and be grateful that they are willing to do business with us at all.
In other words, don't rock the boat.
Jon
On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 12:46:01 -0800, "Jon Danniken"

You're right.

I wouldn't have written about the shipping if I weren't also writing about the web problem. I think the guy who answered me allowed for that.
I put my helpful part first, and made my complaint about shipping second and politely.