Sprinkler valves not working

Hi, I have 3 out of 4 sprinkler valves not working any more. The timer is outputting about 27 - 28 volts to the valve solenoids. I have changed the solenoids that are not working, however, I still have the same problem. All the valves will operate manually with no problem. I also have restripped the wires, scraped the ends for better conductivity, and used new wire caps. I have a second timer for another manifold, and it is outputting about 26 volts. (It works fine.) Could 27 - 28 volts be too much? Also, the 9 volt battery was pretty low, but I don't think that would affect it due the the ac power. Thanks for any help. LJ
Are U sure that a wire isn't broken? Maybe it got broken through the winter by the ground possibly heaving when there was freezing and thawing.

conductivity,
affect
Hi, Thanks for the replies. The solenoids are getting voltage. I called tech support, and the tech said that 28 - 29 volts is too high. I need a new transformer, or controller. He also mentioned that the solenoids may be fried due to the higher voltage. LJ

have
same
26
Hi, Thanks for the replies. There is voltage getting to all of the solenoids. I called Rainbird tech support. The tech said that 28 - 29 volts is too high. He said the transformer is malfunctioning. The voltage should be around 26 volts. He suggested getting a new transformer, which is what I will look for when I got to Home Depot. If there is none, I will problably buy a new controller. The tech also mentioned that the solenoids may be burnt out from the higher voltage. Hope not. LJ

have
same
26
I've never had any luck getting irrigation equipment at places like Home Depot; they seem to carry the lowest line, and the clerks know almost nothing about how the equipment works. If you can find an irrigation supply house that carries Rainbird, you will find a better quality of parts, and solid advice on what will and won't work.
Lou wrote:

there.
In addition to what the others said, have you checked voltage AT THE VALVE (vs. at the timer/controller)?
If not, disconnect the wire from a valve, turn on the zone, and measure the voltage.
-Tim