Sprinkler valve not closing completely

Yesterday I turned on my sprinkler system for the first time to test it out. This morning I noticed one of my pop up heads was oozing out water. When I checked the sprinkler valve, I could hear water going through it. I shut off the main and the water stopped running, so obviously the valve is not closing. I believe the valve is made by KIT ? Any ideas where to start? I can take off the solenoid valve and I see what looks like a plunger with a spring, but not sure what the problem could be.

How old are the valves? Did you have a freeze this past winter?
The rubber diaphragm(sp) becomes weak over time and water leaks into the zone. You should be able to find a kit to rebuild the valve or just replace it. -- Oren

I don't know how old the valve is. Also the valve is made by HIT.

And here I thought you said KIT...If it's made by HIT, this indicates what you need to do. Get a well balanced hammer... More seriously, you've got to follow Oren's advice. Check irrigation/ pool suppliers if the big box/ hardware place can't help you.

DEE DEE DEE

Oren
Mine did the same thing a couple of times. Once, all I had to do was unscrew the part with the wire on it, and run some water through it, and it had a piece of crud in it that flushed out. Another time, disassembly and reassembly solved the problem. The other time, there was a hole/crack in the diaphragm. So, I would try unscrewing the actuator first. If that don't work, disassemble, examine and reassemble IF the parts look good. If you got a crack in the diaphragm, TAKE THE PARTS WITH YOU and go buy a rebuild kit or two. Match the parts you have to what's in the package. Handy to have a rebuild kit around, even if you find upon disassembly that it just had crud in it.
Oh, yeah. Remember to turn your water off first. Once you have unscrewed the actuator or disassembled the whole valve, turn your water on JUST A LITTLE to let any trapped crud flow out. Then either reassemble or install rebuild kit.
They ain't rocket surgery, and once you've done one of them, you'll do the next ones a lot faster and be able to diagnose problems.
Sometimes, you can just unscrew that actuator valve, (remember, you turned off the water, right?) run a little water through it, screw the actuator back on, and get lucky if it's just a piece of crud. WATCH OUT, it's easy to overtighten those screws in that PVC body and strip them.
Good luck.
Steve
I took off the solenoid and flushed it out, but that did not work. So I took apart the whole valve by removing the 8 screws. I cleaned the parts inside and flushed out the valve, and put everything back. So far its good. If it does happen again, I hope to get a repair kit since replacing the entire valve would be a pain being that I would have to disassemble a lot of parts.

It could just have a small stone or plastic in the pipe. Open and close the valve a few times and see if it will flush out.
When a new system comes on line, there are always curlie Q pieces of plastic from the cutting process. We have t flush them out of our fire engine all the time.