Sprinkler System - Two stations come on at the same time

I bought this house 3 years ago with the sprinkler system already installed, so I don't know much about it. It has worked for the last few years. Now when I run station #2 another station (#3) always comes on with it. When I run station #3 it runs by itself and station #2 remains off. All other stations run as expected. I do not know where to begin troubleshooting. Please help with your ideas.
Thanks, Aaron
Aaron wrote:

If it is auto programmable control unit it may be faulty. Did you try basic factory default setting?
On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 20:15:42 -0700 (PDT), Aaron

Remove power from the control box. Wait 30 seconds or 10 minutes and reconnect the power.
If you can't get the instructions for your brand of sprinkler, get instructions for other brands. It's probably like other products where one company akes more than one brand or at least one company makes the logic modules for more than one brand.

Sounds like some adjacent noise is tripping the triac on #3. You may have to replace the controller. Do you have stations that are not being used? If so you could switch #3 to one of the unsed stations.

I'd put a volt meter on the wires to the zones with the zone wires] disconnected to find out if the problem is originating at the controller.
Thanks for the suggestions. I will use them in the next few days to try to solve the problem. It is a raintree automated controller, so I will start there. I am glad to start there since I have no idea where any of the valves are.
Aaron wrote the following:

Originally, I thought that you were talking about fire sprinklers and didn't know how you were testing them without flooding the house. Since many states are requiring sprinkler systems in new houses, I thought you were one of the firsts to install them. No one answering mentioned that fact, so I now assume you are talking about lawn sprinklers. Silly me. .
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

It might help to give a little more information - brand, model number... Otherwise a generic question can at best get a generic answer...
I just had the problem that zones 1 and 5 were going off together. I replac ed the controller - same problem. Hunter suggested cleaning out valve / dia phragm - I did, but again same problem. Someone along the way described how a nicked wire made their system go berserk. I replaced the entire wire bet ween the controller and valves. Voila and done !!!😀😀 😀😀😀