Sprinkler system question

My sprinkler system was installed by the original owner of my home. I have 2 sprinkler zones and one drip zone. The two sprinkler zones are above the ground and seem to work fine. The drip zone however has a leaky valve and I'd like to replace it. (It was buried) It has a inline Valve. Can I replace it with the above ground one?