Sprinkler system layout question

I'm replacing some old sprinkler piping with PVC. A one inch pipe ends branching off using a "T" fitting to the right in a 10 foot run and to the left for 70 feet. For the 10 foot run to the right should I continue with one inch pipe, then decrease the diameter to the left. Or since it's only 10 feet would it be better to go with 3/4" pipe to the right and one inch to the left, decreasing to the end? Or does it matter?
snipped-for-privacy@ymail.com wrote:

http://www.irrigationtutorials.com/sprinkler00.htm
On Feb 28, 7:46�am, snipped-for-privacy@ymail.com wrote:

Is that a good practice to use PVC? Will it pass code? I don't know. Have you checked with the local code enforcement?
It would seem to me that the PVC may weaken and maybe rupture before the sprinkler would go off ( depending on sprinkler temp. and heat build-up in the ceiling).
It don't take long for PVC to melt using a small candle flame (about 10 seconds).
Hank

He's talking about a LAWN sprinkler system. But PVC usually isn't used there either.

AFAIK, PVC is all that is used around my neighborhood (Florida). Don't they use PVC more for warm climates, PE for cold?
On Feb 28, 9:23�am, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

Oops! Sorry about that. I feel so dumb now.
Hank
On Feb 28, 7:46am, snipped-for-privacy@ymail.com wrote:

Since it's 7 times longer to the left, why would you consider using a smaller diameter? The smaller the diameter, the more the pressure will drop per foot for the same flow rate.

Also, among the missing info here is what happens along the 70 ft run, ie does all the water go the whole distance, or are there sprinklers along the way, etc. If there are sprinklers, then the volume of water decreases and you could go with a smaller diameter closer to the end. From a practical standpoint, it's not worth screwing around reducing pipe size. Just use the same size for the whole run. Assuming of course that whatever diameter was there to begin with worked and your not adding heads, changing flow rates, etc.
Don;t know why you would want to replace regular poly sprinkler pipe with pvc. I don't see any advantage to PVC and it's harder to work with in this application.