sprinkler system help needed

One zone of my sprinkler system uses nothing but pop-up sprayers (I don't know what they are really called - they're the kind that just sit there and spray in a circle; they don't go back and forth). The water seems to spray from these in a cone shape and I think most of the water goes to the perimeter of the circle rather than spread evenly throughout the circle. The grass growth seems to bear this out. Are any varieties of these made which water more evenly? Thanks!
Boatman
Boatman wrote:

Sounds like the head is partially clogged - this sometimes happens with a piece of grit or sand gets by the internal filter.
Try cleaning the outlet face with a very small screwdriver.
Does that mean that this type of head is normally supposed to spread evenly throughout the circle? I have three of them in the zone and they all behave the same way!!
Boatman

Yes.
Clean all three of them. I used some paperclips.
Dick
Boatman wrote:

Hi, Tried to adjust the head? Tried watering at different time of day? During the day water pressure varies somewhat. My sprinklers work early in the morning(5:00AM). I noticed wider coverage than I needed. It was set up during day after installation. I had to readjust. I believe it's because water pressure is not constant throughout the day even if my house is equpped with regulator.
Thanks to everybody for all the info and suggestions!
Boatman