Sprinkler Height

I'm starting from scratch on my front lawn and installing a new sprinkler system. At this point, I have nothing but dirt, and I'm wondering how far above ground should the 2" spray-head sprinklers sit so they'll be the proper height once the sod is laid?
Thanks.
-Fleemo
depends on variety of the sod and whom is cutting it. best guess without knowing would be abt 1 inch

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

Get the 4 inch. Then at least an inch above the dirt. Won't be long and you will be digging them up to extend the risers.
If you can put in a rock border and don't put them in the lawn. The sprinklers will drop and the lawn will build up so I would pick up the tallest you can. Also do not short yourself on coverage. Don't be afraid to use more zones either it may be a little more work at the start but being able to water where it needs it is a plus!
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

Thanks for the input here folks!
-Fleemo