Sprinkler controller for visually impared

Anyone know of a sprinkler controller that is simple to use and has a large display. my mother is visually impaired and has a garden that she likes to water on her own schedule. There is an extremely cheap control unit now that is useless. I want to upgrade it so its easier for her to water when she wants.
Thanks for your recommendations.
CL
On Wed, 02 Jul 2008 09:30:18 -0400, "CL \\"dnoyeB\\" Gilbert"

I moved into a house that had a DOA sprinkler control unit. Didn't even think the sprinklers worked (was actually told by the seller they didn't).
Friend came by, and hooked up a 3 position switch (2 on's, one off in the middle) directly to the system. So I plug the wall wart in, then move the switch one way, let it run about 15 minutes, then move the switch. I'm sure you could find a 4 way switch or something and do something similar.

CL "dnoyeB" Gilbert wrote:

A couple of possibilities:
http://www.dripirrigation.com/drip_irrigation_info.php?cPath4&products_idw8
http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page.aspx?c=2&pX805&cat=2,2280,33160&ap=1
Boden wrote:

http://www.dripirrigation.com/drip_irrigation_info.php?cPath4&products_idw8
http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page.aspx?c=2&pX805&cat=2,2280,33160&ap=1
Those look good but she does already have an in-ground sprinkler system.
CL

What about a wall timer like http://www.smarthome.com/4254w.html or this: http://www.instawares.com/timer-30-minute.165-1011.0.7.htm you could enhance the markings to the side with big arrows, then direct output to a doorbell transformer & hook that to the wires for the garden valve. Years ago I had a bathroom fan timer; a big arrow you turned against a spring, then it counted back to 0 and off, I don't see those anymore, but the modern ones could do the job.