Sprinkler controller for visually impared

Anyone know of a sprinkler controller that is simple to use and has a large display. my mother is visually impaired and has a garden that she likes to water on her own schedule. There is an extremely cheap control unit now that is useless. I want to upgrade it so its easier for her to water when she wants.

Thanks for your recommendations.

CL

Reply to
CL "dnoyeB" Gilbert

I moved into a house that had a DOA sprinkler control unit. Didn't even think the sprinklers worked (was actually told by the seller they didn't).

Friend came by, and hooked up a 3 position switch (2 on's, one off in the middle) directly to the system. So I plug the wall wart in, then move the switch one way, let it run about 15 minutes, then move the switch. I'm sure you could find a 4 way switch or something and do something similar.

Reply to
Evan Platt

A couple of possibilities:

Boden

Those look good but she does already have an in-ground sprinkler system.

CL

Reply to
CL "dnoyeB" Gilbert

What about a wall timer like

this:
could enhance the markings to the side with big arrows, then direct output to a doorbell transformer & hook that to the wires for the garden valve. Years ago I had a bathroom fan timer; a big arrow you turned against a spring, then it counted back to 0 and off, I don't see those anymore, but the modern ones could do the job.

Reply to
Eric in North TX