sprinkler controller clock

I was resetting clocks this morning (government-mandated nonsense), when I noticed the date on its clock was wrong. Apparently, it can not be set to a year that isn't in the range of 1996 to 2011. Should it be that limited?

BTW, I got this in 1998.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Hi, Similar problem I had with Harmony universal controller for my home theater devices. I had to update firmware to get the year 2012.

Reply to
Tony Hwang