Spring, when everyone's thoughts turn to...

...dandelions.

The topic of handy-dandy weedkiller applicators seems to come up at least as often as dandelions do. I just ran across another nifty herbicide applicator for people who'd rather not spray: The Dandy-Lion Killer. It's a spray tank and wetter/roller applicator on wheels. Two versions - a 3-foot wide one to push, and a larger one (4 foot or 6 foot) to tow behind your lawn tractor. No spray drift.

Company's catalog is here:

Moe DeLoughan

I had come to the conclusion that dandelions were the state flower of Minnesota.

Thanks for the information :)

Reply to
SeaNymph

Spring, when everyone's thoughts turn to... SPAM !!!

SPAM SPAM SPAM and more SPAM !!!!

Reply to
Paintedcow

I always felt that SPAM ought to be the initials of something. Society for the Perpetuation of Annoying Messages may not be a good one. Perhaps something else is.

Reply to
Sam E

Reply to
Moe DeLoughan

Here is what I dug up.....

Spam is named after a classic skit from Monty Python's Flying Circus, which took place in a diner where everything on the menu had spam in it. During the whole skit, a chorus of vikings keeps chanting a song about spam, drown ing out conversations.

Yes, it's a little random (that's Monty Python for you) but it's very funny . Years later, the skit reminded someone of how email in your inbox can get lost in all of the junk mail (the conversation gets drowned out by "Spam! Spam! Spam!"), so they started calling junk email "spam" and the name stuck .

Reply to
Thomas