Spring tab on Hoover Steam Vac fell out

My Hoover Steam Vac has spring tabs on the tank that allows the cleaner and the water to flow or stop. The tab that regulates (shuts off/opens) the cleaner tank has come out and I can't get it to stay back in. HELP! Anyone out there have an answer?
Kathim1 wrote:

Let me know if and how you fix it. I've got a Hoover Steam Vac that has been sitting in my garage for a year or so with the same problem. I've got an old tank type Bissell Power Steamer that I can still use.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY