Spring forward

to the hardware store and get new batteries for your smoke and CO detectors..

We have had some nasty home fires around here lately. One article included interviews with fire chiefs and they recommended changing the batteries when you reset your clocks for DST. Your post reminded me of that.
Also, one article claimed that a survey revealed that only 1/2 of the units, randomly tested, worked!

If you mean were without batteries, I wouldn't doubt that in the least..
Kurt Ullman wrote:

Newer models insist that a battery be installed or they won't attach to their mounting plate.

True, but I met people who broke the arm right off. So they can put their wired smokes back up without the battery.
Glad now they come with a constant beep.
tom @ www.FatHubby.com