Spraying paver sealant?

I put sealer on an area of pavers, using a roller per the instructions on the can. Kind of a pain. Heard a landscaper's comment about spraying (pump garden sprayer). Although it appears thin enough to spray, it is not water-based, so I'm concerned about clean up and don't want to trash a sprayer every time. Anyone have experience with this, and the cleanup required for the sprayer? M.B.
The solvent based sealers that I have used clean up easily with paint thinner. Conspec solvent based curing compound is another matter. Check the clean up directions on the can.

M.Burns wrote:

Are you certain it's not a water emulsion material? All the sealers I've ever bought for 40+ years have been, but I don't claim to know everything.
Like "latex" paints the water based emulsions will wash right off with water if they are not permitted to dry.
Put a little in a glass container, add water, stir, and see whether it "gets thinner" or just forms a layer separate from the water. That should tell you something.
HTH,
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

'Scuse please, I read "pavement" for "pavers" and my mind locked onto blacktop sealers (asphalt or tar emulsions).
Scratch what I bloviated about.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

I used a paint sprayer to apply penetrating sealer to my log cabin in the woods. It wasn't water based. When done, I ran a quart or so of mineral spririts through it and have had no problems. Considering plastic pressure sprayers are around $10-12 each, it's not much to trash one or two. Cheers, cc
After finally reading ALL the print on the original can, the manufacturer mentions they also make a water-based sealer. Now THAT I won't be so concerned about in my sprayer. Thanks for all the comments.