Spray stucco base coat with a hopper gun?

I need to stucco over a vertical brick wall (clean, mortar joints 1/2" deep). The mix for the base coat will have fiberglass chop in it. The crew that did another building on my lot used trowels and floats to cover the wall but I was wondering, can a hopper gun do the job more efficiently?