Spray painting a porch ceiling

We need to paint a 21 foot by 8 foot porch ceiling that is broken up into 50 small rectangles by rafters and cross bracing. What would be the best way to do this?
Would an inexpensive Wagner airless paint sprayer with a tube that goes into the paint can work well for this? (We would be using latex paint.) Thank you in advance for all replies.
--
the only way I could keep my cat off the kitchen table
would be to tie him up with a cable

Airless would be ideal. If this is a one time use situation consider renting an airless sprayer. If you anticipate other small household jobs a Graco Magnum DX is easy to operate/clean. An extension wand for spraying overhead is also very helpful.
With airless there is overspray to consider so mask well.

I have used a Wagner, they can be an easy alternative. You will need to do more prep work. Masking and drop clothes, there is also an overspray/dripping issue. And making sure the paint medium you use is the right flow rate for spraying. Are you going to paint everything one color? Then spraying would be the way, but my way of thinking would be to do the ceiling one color and the bracing a complimentary color, maybe a couple shades different. 21 x 8 might seem a lot, but what I enjoy doing when there is a project that seems to big for me alone is have a party. Ask people that CAN be of help to bring a ladder, or a brush, you'll supply the paint, the pizza, the beer, and it gets done in an afternoon. Then you can sit down and watch the Patriots win the Superbowl again. Oops, my regional bias is showing..........sorry.
Dave
<< We need to paint a 21 foot by 8 foot porch ceiling that is broken up into 50 small rectangles by rafters and cross bracing. What would be the best way to do this >>
All of the suggestions posted here are good ones, but let me add one that gets little repect and deserves better, the CRITTER syphon spray gun. This is the most uncomplicated thing on the market and handles small jobs with little or no fuss. At a mere $40 or so anyone can afford it, but naturally you need a decent air compressor. The cleanup is faster than dealing with a paint brush. The resulting finish may be a bit coarse if you don't fool with thinning and air pressure first. Check it out at some of the online woodworking sources or or tool suppliers like Amazon.com, etc. HTH
Joe
My 1HP compressor runs it fine for shellac and waterbased finishes but haven't tried latex. Someone posted to rec.woodworking that it was used to paint old equipment to original color (believe he used enamel).