Spray on stucco (Texcote) removal

The previous owner of our house had a lacy Texcote applied to the exterior walls of our Spanish Revival stucco home. The stuff is holding up very well, but I really dislike the look of it. Can I just cover it with a skim coat of stucco or will that cause any problems? I have noticed that after a rain some areas of the walls look discolored and take longer to dry out, but otherwise the Texcote unfortunately is very solid. Thanks in advance!