Spray Nozzle Hose Catching on Shutoff Handles

What is a good way to keep the spray nozzle hose that is under the sink from catching on the shutoff valve handles when you pull the hose up? Drives me crazy.

Reply to
Bruce

I used a piece of cardboard to make a "3 sided box" to contain the hose against the back of the cabinet.

Reply to
Barry

wrap saran wrap over the handles to make them smoother. or, let stiff new spray hose relax its kinks by spraying hot water from it for a minute or as needed. or just let Her do the dishes. :)

Reply to
buffalobill

If enough room......you could cut a piece of PVC and use it as a channel. Leave the end where the hose meets the top of sink so the hose is guided into the PVC. Can screw the PVC into the rear of sink at around a 45 degree angle. What ya think? :-)

Dean

Reply to
avid_hiker

a screw into the sink? wouldn't that cause a leak?

Reply to
AlarmCoJoe

Only if done properly (BEG)

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Of course not..........into the framing / wall, or such................not the sink itself. Do we have to explain or word every detail precisely. Use your brain.

Reply to
avid_hiker

Our builder used a 1" plastic cable clamp screwed to the back wall of the cabinet.

Jerry

Reply to
jerry_maple

I used a section of PVC pipe, but anything you can stick to the back wall would work - mailing tube, a corrugated box, a tin can with both ends cut off. I got exasperated every time I used the thing until it dawned on me that I just needed something long enough to keep the hose from looping around the shut-off. I used my favorite, silicone caulk, to stick the pipe to the wall, held with painter's tape until set.

Reply to
Norminn

Similar, but I used the cardboard to cover the handles.

JohnN

Reply to
JohnN

use a zip tie to hold the hose closer to something so that the loop doesn't hook around the handle.

Reply to
beerguzzler50

Thanks

JohnN

Reply to
JohnN

I ended up using a 2" electrical conduit clamp mounted between the hot and cold shutoff valves screwed to the back so it would not catch on the handles. Ran just the movable part of the hose behind the clamp. It was mounted high enough so that the loop would not snag the clamp.

Reply to
Bruce

replying to avid_hiker, Name wrote: I HATE nasty responses. Your responses were great until then. Use your sense.

Reply to
Name

When will you damn homemoaner hub idiots learn to read posting dates ? That conversation was from NINE YEARS AGO !

Reply to
Terry Coombs

This post may be 9 years old but I have the same problem now and the ideas are very helpful. So thanks to "Name" for resurrecting the topic.

Reply to
Ameri-Clean

Had the same issue recently. Googled it and this site came up. Very helpful. My solution: took small plastic container and punched hole in side & put zip tie thru it. Then simply ziptied it on the pipe over the shut off valve. Worked perfect! & still have easy access to shut off. Thanks !!

Reply to
Daisymae

I have a zip tie on mine.

Reply to