Spray Nozzle Hose Catching on Shutoff Handles

What is a good way to keep the spray nozzle hose that is under the sink from catching on the shutoff valve handles when you pull the hose up? Drives me crazy.
Bruce wrote:

I used a piece of cardboard to make a "3 sided box" to contain the hose against the back of the cabinet.

Similar, but I used the cardboard to cover the handles.
JohnN

use a zip tie to hold the hose closer to something so that the loop doesn't hook around the handle.
On Mar 2, 3:33 pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Thanks
JohnN

wrap saran wrap over the handles to make them smoother. or, let stiff new spray hose relax its kinks by spraying hot water from it for a minute or as needed. or just let Her do the dishes. :)

If enough room......you could cut a piece of PVC and use it as a channel. Leave the end where the hose meets the top of sink so the hose is guided into the PVC. Can screw the PVC into the rear of sink at around a 45 degree angle. What ya think? :-)
Dean

a screw into the sink? wouldn't that cause a leak?

Only if done properly (BEG)

Of course not..........into the framing / wall, or such................not the sink itself. Do we have to explain or word every detail precisely. Use your brain.
replying to avid_hiker, Name wrote: I HATE nasty responses. Your responses were great until then. Use your sense.
Name wrote:

When will you damn homemoaner hub idiots learn to read posting dates ? That conversation was from NINE YEARS AGO !
--
Snag

On Saturday, April 16, 2016 at 6:00:25 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

This post may be 9 years old but I have the same problem now and the ideas are very helpful. So thanks to "Name" for resurrecting the topic.

Our builder used a 1" plastic cable clamp screwed to the back wall of the cabinet.
Jerry
Bruce wrote:

I used a section of PVC pipe, but anything you can stick to the back wall would work - mailing tube, a corrugated box, a tin can with both ends cut off. I got exasperated every time I used the thing until it dawned on me that I just needed something long enough to keep the hose from looping around the shut-off. I used my favorite, silicone caulk, to stick the pipe to the wall, held with painter's tape until set.
I ended up using a 2" electrical conduit clamp mounted between the hot and cold shutoff valves screwed to the back so it would not catch on the handles. Ran just the movable part of the hose behind the clamp. It was mounted high enough so that the loop would not snag the clamp.