spray gun not dispersing water properly

http://pastebin.com/d6c6c768b is a picture of my spray gun. My problem is that when I press the handle, no water comes out unless I loosen the brass head. The garden hose size is 5/8". I'm not sure anymore on what else I should be looking at to eliminate this problem. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
ssylee wrote:

Get a new one.
--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 :) 7/8

I get a forum discussion on toastmasters.

Sorry that I have posted the wrong link. http://imagebin.ca/view/6rqOCnuQ.html has the picture of my spray gun. I've tried a new spray gun already. It still didn't work unless I loosen its tip a bit. I'm suspecting the brass joint between the spray gun and the hose being the problem.

Bullshit. This has nothing to do with the hose and everything to do with the user being smarter than the damn spray gun.
You adjust the spray pattern with the brass tip, you moron. It can go from nothing to a fine mist to a full-blast spray by twisting the tip.
Did you bother to read the instructions on the package before you threw it away?

Bullshit. This has nothing to do with the hose and everything to do with the user being smarter than the damn spray gun.
You adjust the spray pattern with the brass tip, you moron. It can go from nothing to a fine mist to a full-blast spray by twisting the tip.
Did you bother to read the instructions on the package before you threw it away?
Other than the rudeness, I'd have to agree. The tip is the adjustment for the spray pattern.
ssylee wrote:

So loosen the tip if that fixes things.
My wife bought a couple of similar nozzles. I hated them. When the hose gets stiff - they all do - the handgrip always winds up in the wrong place and there is no way to fix it without loosening the connection at the hose, rotating the handle and retightening the connection. I tossed them, bought fire hose type nozzles. Brass. ALL brass.
--

dadiOH
On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 22:17:43 -0700, ssylee wrote:

After looking at your *corrected* link....
You may have a stone or obstruction in the valve of the garden hose water spray gun. Your choice, complete disassembly, cleaning, and re-assembly; or buy a new one on sale next spring.
BTW, I am sure your photo with the small wire "U" flipped down is just for the photo, and not the cause of your problem.