Spray can stain

Any big negatives about using wood stain on unfinished wood from a spray can? (Besides the extra cost)

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to
Michael

I dressed up an old entertainment center with the Pecan spray cans. Two cans is what my project took, Glad I did not have to use a brush.

I did mine outside in full sun. Took some time to dry, allow for it.

Reply to
SQLit

Considering how easy it is to apply stain, the spray can is just pissing money away, IMO. Other than that, it works.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

away, IMO. Other than that, it works.

I'm thinking the same thing, but the piece has a lot of small spaces and wood trim. I'd rather not spend a lot of time jabbing a brush. Finishing is the only part of woodworking I don't like.

Mike

Reply to
Michael

What type of wood, for an even finish I would not trust myself to spray evenly. You could easily have light and darker areas.

Reply to
m Ransley

I've used spray finish on many different types of wood and really have yet to enconter any major negatives.

Reply to
miller_a

I've used spray finish on most woods without any major negative effects. It just saves so much time.

For official little giant ladder reviews linklittle giant ladder

Reply to
miller_a

More mess than neccssary - stain is so easy to apply, with either a cheap brush or a rag, I see no advantage to using spray unless there are loads of intricate turnings to get into.

Reply to
Norminn