Spot-painting A Garage Door

I used a WD40 type lubricant on my garage door track this winter and just noticed it dripped onto the front of one of the door panels. I tried cleaning it with 401 withoout luck then paint thiner and finally acetone (after I called the lubricant manufacturer).
Well I think I've gotten myself into a bit of a piclkle because now I've remove paint to the point where some corners and edges of a small cross member are showing gray; I'm pretty sure that's base metal.
Bottom line: Looks like the door is powder coated (painted) and I've removed enough to disturb the asthetics. Area is the size of a softball.
Question: Repair suggestions?
You might call the manufacturer to see if they have a spray touch up they can sell you. Wayne Dalton has a touch up available for their doors. Won't be perfect though unless you repaint the door completely.

Just tell your wife to stop worrying about it...in a week, she won't even notice it...

removed
I doubt the door is powder coated, I had some power coated aluminum tube I soaked overnight in paint remover and it did almost nothing. I suspect that touch up paint will be your best option.
--
Roger Shoaf
jaygreg wrote:

If the paint is pretty old (sounds like it is weathered and thin), you probably should repaint the whole thing, with rusty metal primer on the bare spot. I don't know about WD40, but mineral spirits is pretty safe for painted finished. Any rusty spots?