Splitting ledge

wondering if there any knowledge hearabouts regarding splitting granite ledge. I have a spot I would like to put a hallway to a future spare room. about 4-6 feet long it is only about 6 foot high. Ledge is solid dropping right to left, but nearly level in this spot. I have a mid size Bosch rotary hammer and am not averse to renting a bigger one if I need to. I am not in a great big hurry, and since it is under the house, blasting is not what I am going to do. Anyone done much of this? Any hints?

My neighbor is in sort of the same situation, but he's putting in a driveway. I can tell you what he's doing (he's a contractor)
He's using a gas powered mason circular saw and then he is using a jackhammer I think he is cutting grooves then jack hammering between them the pile of ruble looks like mid size flat pieces
Clark

I know a guy who "dug" a hole in bedrock by heating the rock up with a weekburner torch until it split and then repeating. Might not want to do it under a house.