Splatter

Page 1 of 2

Most men don't realize how they piss all over the floor, all over the toilet and all over the wall with their splatter unless they live alone and clean their own bathrooms. Besides sitting down, is there a way to reduce/stop splatter?
--
LSMFT

If I wasn't me I wouldn't like me either..........

Use the sink? Why do you need another solution beside sitting? Not convenient enough?
Wait, how is this a home repair issue?
mike wrote:

When SWMBO says Oh Yuck- you gotta do a gut job on that skanky bathroom- the floor won't come clean any more, and it is so mushy the toilet rocks.
--
aem sends...

LSMFT wrote:

(apologies in advance to readers with delicate sensitivities...)
Does the phrase 'skin it and wring it' ring a bell? With a nym like yours, you must have gone through short-arm inspection at some point. The end getting gummed up causes most of the oopsies- a nice round hole makes a cleaner stream.
Oh, and turning the light on helps, even if it makes it harder to get back to sleep.
If you are really curious, find a real library and read Alexander Kira's definitive work, 'The Bathroom', that actually studied such things. He worked for Calspan when he wrote the first edition, but I think he did the revised versions on his own. (It realy freaked out my 8th grade English teacher, when I did a diorama of an outhouse beside some trees as my 'multi-media' book report on it, with a couple 3x5 cards of text attached to it. Hey, this was pre-computer era. Got an A on it, though.)
--
aem sends...

Not as long as females desire to piss standing up. Some ladies want urinals, instead of the sit down bowls.
Beware of menstrual fluids on a commonly used toilet.

Ever lifted the toilet seat and looked at the underside of it in an all female house --- disgusting. Males are not the only ones to make a mess, it is just a little wider distributed.
EXT wrote:

Amen to that. One semester in college, I worked as a night shift janitor in one of the larger buildings on campus. The women's cans were ALWAYS far nastier than the men's. Many women apparently can't bring themselves to sit on those 'nasty' toilet seats, so instead, they 'hover' over them. You fill in the details. Although I have never been in the womens' can in a bar, I understand those are even worse, due to the influence of booze on volume and hovering steadiness.
--
aem sends...

aemeijers wrote:

Oh yea, that's why it take two women to go to the restroom, one has to cantilever the other off the seat.
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Nah, that is a function of a different CG and different hinge pin alignment.
--
aem sends...

On Apr 30, 12:17am, The Daring Dufas <the-daring-

Thanks. I've been wondering for about 50 years why that is, since I prefer to go to the restroom alone. (And I hate it when someone talks to me in there. Give a girl some privacy, please.)
Cindy Hamilton
Cindy Hamilton wrote:

HOLD ON TIGHT SUZY! Don't let me fall in.
TDD
On Apr 30, 10:56am, The Daring Dufas <the-daring-

I'm SO lucky that I'd already finished that diet Coke. The bubbles are hell on the sinuses.
Cindy Hamilton

I've been in bathrooms in Europe where cleaning women were cleaning sinks and urnials while men were using the facilities. Yet, a European complained to me that our US toilet stalls are open at the top and the bottom while theirs are closed like closets for more privacy ;)
Frank wrote:

I remember a place where I worked the janitor washed the toilets, sinks and lunch room tables in that order with the same bucket of soapy water and a sponge.
--
LSMFT

If I wasn't me I wouldn't like me either..........

I've seen the reverse in Europe.
h wrote:

back when I was a "Road Warrier" and traveled through many parts of europe fairly often.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
jeff_wisnia wrote:

Not in the UK though. I found it quite disconcerting when I starting working in France and Belgium. Later, when working more widely in mainland Europe, I rarely realised it.

h wrote:

I didn't know that. I guess that's not so bad in one way - ladies do at least have the privacy of a door.
Clot wrote:

Didja ever realize that one of the benefits of the women's liberation movement in the USA which started about 50 years ago was the (I think) total elimination of the pay toilet stalls which used to be commonplace in many public restrooms??
The ladies successfully argued that it was unfair to make them pay to get into a stall to pee, while men could use the urinals for free.
I have encountered some "pay bathrooms" at cheap gas stations where anyone who wants to use that room has to drop in a coin to open the door.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)