Spinkler system- zone 1 wont shut off

I have a 6 zone spinkler system-- only 3 are being used. Zone 1 comes on first and is suppose to shut off for zone 2 and zone 3. Zone 1 does not shut off when zone 2 runs or when zone 3 runs. It finally shuts off when zone 3 is done. In other words, zone 1 runs for the length of the watering, while zone 2 and zone 3 take their respective turns. Any suggestion on how to approach this?
I don't know the name of the spinkler system. I moved in 2 years ago. Their appears to be a door to the controller that was removed. I assume the brand name was on the door because it is not on the main frame. It is a tan plastic with 12 round dials to set things (2 dials for each station-- one for duration and one for days).
Senin wrote:

Has the system run like this since you moved in? If so, run time per zone setting may be set differently. Or the controller is bad.(then you could move Zone 1 to other unused zone I guess) Tony
No, it is only recently that this has happened. I would love to move it to another zone, if I hat the skill. lol