Spilled some torch oil on my deck

During a windy storm the other night, a small garden torch filled with citronella/lamp oil fell over. The oil leaked out onto the deck and stained/soaked into the board (5/4 x 6 PT). The spot is small, about 1 foot long by 6 inches wide. What is the best way to remove the oil? I scrubbed it with concentrated deck cleaner and a stiff brush, but the spot is still stained and oily to the touch. Is there any problem with just leaving as is? My guess is that it will eventually evaporate. If the stain remains, I can just put a flower pot over it.
Thanks in advance!
Les
message

put kitty litter on top of it to draw out the oil. it'll still stain. you'll never get it all out.
On Fri, 13 May 2005 18:51:38 GMT, "Gina and Les Armstrong"

GOOP hand cleaner. Work it in well, wipe it with a dry rag, then Dawn Dish detergent and water.
OR - Leave it and eventually it will go away from sun heat and rain. All that stuff is, is kerosene with smelly stuff added.
That small section of wood is well preserved !!! You could wipe the whole deck with kerosene too, and preserve the wood while making it match.
First thing came to mind to me was Simple Green. I've not tried this, but it came to mind. Good luck.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

A new board might cost less than new brushes and cleaners.