Spiders

For some reason there are a LOT of spiders this year, inside and outside the house. Anyone know how those plug-in high-frequency devices work? I suspect these are a hoax but I have seen these kits in the stores for many years.

Reply to
Phisherman

I have one for my shop, that I use when I have the doors (garage) open at night. I can tell you that it does work for flying insects such as moths. It also works great for bats too. not sure about spiders cause its only on when the doors are open.

Searcher

Reply to
Shopdog

I have a Siamese cat that just loves spiders. I have a lot of them this our outside and in the garage, but I very seldom see on inside. :-)

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I have several of them in the garage and in the house. They don't keep away spiders or mice but I have not seen an elephant since they were plugged in.

Reply to
RayV

In article , snipped-for-privacy@nobody.com says... :) For some reason there are a LOT of spiders this year, inside and :) outside the house. Anyone know how those plug-in high-frequency :) devices work? I suspect these are a hoax but I have seen these kits :) in the stores for many years. :) Basing it on the law suits against the manufactures filed by the FTC across the country, I'd say they don't work as claimed. They will only give the spiders a new place to live.

Reply to
Lar

They wouldn't be around in larger numbers unless the food supply was better. I don't like finding them dangling in front of my face in the shower, but outdoors? Why would you want to get rid of them?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Two possible solutions:

  1. A single, bigger, spider.
  2. Cat.
Reply to
HeyBub

That reminds of of a Maverick series "The Camel Watcher"

Reply to
Joseph Meehan