spending all my free time with a toilet

I have had it...trying to rebuild an old toilet in the basement. Every step has been hard. I had to use a hacksaw blade to get the tank off, only to discover ANOTHER set of bolts that are rusted on. I was thinking of drilling them out from the top, but since all my free time is going into this learning experience I am ready to call the plumber and even buy a new toilet. Maybe that is the best idea.
Does anyone have a great way to get those bolts out?
Thanks,
Jeff
Many years ago I had a summer job working for a plumber. He caught me using brass nuts to fasten a toilet to the floor flange and chewed me out royally. Seems that only iron nuts on iron bolts were to be used (not even cad plated steel.) That way when a repair was needed either he, or a union brother would be called.
This was my first exposure to union mentality. I still hate unions.
Boden
Jeff wrote:

I worked on a refrigerated cooler a couple years ago. The store owner said that the last guy out had left the caps off the freon fittings. He asked the tech about it later, and it seems that is policy for that particular company. They figure that the freon will leak out and the owner will have to call them back for a recharge.
I don't do that kind of nonsense. Thank you very much for relating your experience.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn More about Jesus

step
"Jeff"

Sounds like you are trying to make a turd back into a hamburger. New toilet = $100-$150. They are trivial to install. Get the kind of wax ring with the silicone core.
- Nate
Sure. Get yourself a nut splitter at a auto supply store. Under 10 bucks. Tighten it on until the nut splits and away you go. I just did the same on an 18 year old toilette. If the bolt spins grab it with vice grips and use the nut splitter as a wrench. No rusty bolt can withstand that.

step