Speed Demons

PrecisionMachinisT wrote

not sure which is the bigger idiot

Reply to
Gary Newman

How about reporting it to the Police Dept so they can send a squad car out to monitor that intersection ? You dont go round taking the law into your own hands...regardless of whether its written in a fallacious book or not.

Reply to
JustCallMe Norman

I swear you just bought back bad memories of an accident in Queens NY in 1987 involving a disgruntled neighbor who was sick and tired of kids drag racing on his block, so he poured oil down on the street. Then 2 kids in a Mustang GT convertible hit the slick,went out of control, and wrapped around a tree, killing the driver, hurting the passenger. The man who caused the accident was arrested. I happened to be there that night. I did not see the accident, but I saw the car wrapped around the tree. This is a true story, no BS. It was on the news. Maybe someone else who lives in the area remembers this story.

Reply to
Mikepier

LOL, Squad car? At last, someone older than me?

Frank Jimmy Cagney flashback mode.

Reply to
F.H.

do you recall what the perpetrator was charged with?

Reply to
effi

I don't recall. It could have been manslaughter, but I'm not sure I was trying to do a search on it before, but could not find anything. It happened on Francis Lewis Boulevard in Queens,NY. I know it was in Nov

1987.
Reply to
Mikepier

I don't recall. It could have been manslaughter, but I'm not sure. I could not find anything on this story when I did a search. It happened in Nov 1987 on Francis Lewis Blvd in Queens,NY. The driver that died was either 19 or 20 years old.

Reply to
Mikepier

On 1/6/2005 10:57 AM US(ET), effi took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

In NYS, it could be numerous charges: Two of which are: SEC. 120.25 Reckless endangerment in the first degree.

A person is guilty of reckless endangerment in the first degree when, under circumstances evincing a depraved indifference to human life, he recklessly engages in conduct which creates a grave risk of death to another person. Reckless endangerment in the first degree is a class D felony.

SEC. 125.15 Manslaughter in the second degree.

A person is guilty of manslaughter in the second degree when: 1. He recklessly causes the death of another person Manslaughter in the second degree is a class C felony.

Class D felony = up to 7 years. Class C felony = up to 25 years

And let's not forget civil actions. Mucho Dinero.

Reply to
willshak

I remember that too, I lived about 2 blocks from there at the time. I found this article, which is about a different accident but does mention some details of that incident as well about 2/3 of the way through the article..

I never knew that the person who oiled the road was eventually acquitted...but even so...

Don't oil the road.

Reply to
Mikey S.

For responding to a troll.........

Then what does that make you, hmmmm ???

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

a remote operated spike strip?...an even better idea, install a speed sensitive launched, idiot seeking ground-to-auto short ranged missile on the corner

In fact, all new cars should come factory equiped with several short ranged idiot seeking car to car missiles just for those numb-nuts who think that 1.5 car lengths is more than room enuf to pull in front of ya in heavy traffic

Reply to
Flakey714

Don't they get baby oil from dead babies?

Reply to
Oscar_Lives