Speed Demons

Page 2 of 2
JustCallMe Norman wrote:

LOL, Squad car? At last, someone older than me?
Frank Jimmy Cagney flashback mode.
Stormin Mormon:

I'm hoping you don't have any kids.
--
McQualude

PrecisionMachinisT wrote

not sure which is the bigger idiot

For responding to a troll.........
Then what does that make you, hmmmm ???
--

SVL

I swear you just bought back bad memories of an accident in Queens NY in 1987 involving a disgruntled neighbor who was sick and tired of kids drag racing on his block, so he poured oil down on the street. Then 2 kids in a Mustang GT convertible hit the slick,went out of control, and wrapped around a tree, killing the driver, hurting the passenger. The man who caused the accident was arrested. I happened to be there that night. I did not see the accident, but I saw the car wrapped around the tree. This is a true story, no BS. It was on the news. Maybe someone else who lives in the area remembers this story.
do you recall what the perpetrator was charged with?

I don't recall. It could have been manslaughter, but I'm not sure I was trying to do a search on it before, but could not find anything. It happened on Francis Lewis Boulevard in Queens,NY. I know it was in Nov 1987.
I remember that too, I lived about 2 blocks from there at the time. I found this article, which is about a different accident but does mention some details of that incident as well about 2/3 of the way through the article..
http://www.queenstribune.com/feature/ANeedToStopTheSpeed.html
I never knew that the person who oiled the road was eventually acquitted...but even so...
Don't oil the road.
--

Mikey S.
http://www.mike721.com
effi wrote:

could not find anything on this story when I did a search. It happened in Nov 1987 on Francis Lewis Blvd in Queens,NY. The driver that died was either 19 or 20 years old.
On 1/6/2005 10:57 AM US(ET), effi took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

SEC. 120.25 Reckless endangerment in the first degree.
A person is guilty of reckless endangerment in the first degree when, under circumstances evincing a depraved indifference to human life, he recklessly engages in conduct which creates a grave risk of death to another person. Reckless endangerment in the first degree is a class D felony.
SEC. 125.15 Manslaughter in the second degree.
A person is guilty of manslaughter in the second degree when: 1. He recklessly causes the death of another person Manslaughter in the second degree is a class C felony.
Class D felony = up to 7 years. Class C felony = up to 25 years
And let's not forget civil actions. Mucho Dinero.

--
Bill

a remote operated spike strip?...an even better idea, install a speed sensitive launched, idiot seeking ground-to-auto short ranged missile on the corner
In fact, all new cars should come factory equiped with several short ranged idiot seeking car to car missiles just for those numb-nuts who think that 1.5 car lengths is more than room enuf to pull in front of ya in heavy traffic
Don't they get baby oil from dead babies?