Special Fitting for Black Polypipe for Installation with New Service

I recently had a water service installed on Cape Cod. My plan was to finish the connection after the meter pit was installed by the water company. They left a piece of black polypipe connected to the meter pit outlet, but the pipe itself was a little different than what I am used to seeing. Although the O.D. of the pipe seemed to identify it as standard 1" polypipe, the walls were much thicker and the 1" barbed threaded male adapter I had purchased would not fit. (Barbed end too large in diameter.) When the crew left, they mentioned something about a "1" male adapter", but it is now my impression that this was to be threaded into the polypipe itself and would not involve clamps. I obviously need one of these but don't know exactly what to ask for at the plumbing supply. Can someone help identify the kind of fitting I need? (The line beyond the polypipe will have a 1" brass female fitting.) Many thanks for your help! Frank

Reply to
frank1492

A little research tells me this could be some sort of compression fitting as I remember something about using an insert or "the pipe will collapse."

Reply to
frank1492