Speaking of Joe the plumber (non political)...

Does anyone know what's behind the apparent MAPP gas shortage? I had to run out for a couple parts for a plumbing repair and was going to pick up a spare MAPP cylinder and there are none to be found at Depot or Lowe's.
Pete C. wrote:

Haven't seen a shortage. Texas Airgas has at least 40-50 of the 150 lb bottles and at least that many of the larger size bottles. Plenty of the homeowner type bottles if you want to use them, too.
Haven't been to any homeowner stores looking for welding supplies, though.
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
Robert Allison wrote:

150# bottles aren't real convenient when you want to use your TS4000 torch to finish your creme brulee...
For welding I do TIG mostly, though I have O/A on hand for portability.