Spark Plug Connection

the thing that connects to the spark plug broke so I am currently trying to connect the wire directly up to the spark plug Can I do this? i get spark when i hold the wire up to the terminal

Reply to
jctowler101

The thing that connects the spark plug to the wire broke so i have to connect it directly to the wire. Is this possible? I get spark when i but the wire by the terminal. What do I Do?

Reply to
jctowler101

Strip the wire back until just the core is sticking out, use the terminal to hold the core against the end of the spark plug. This will work long enough to get you to your FLAPS to buy another wire.

good luck

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

My terminal does not come off

Reply to
jctowler101

You buy new spark plug wires.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

My go karts spark connection broke so know I have to connect it directly to the wire. I had some one that fixed this before but it stopped working. So how do i fix this? I've tried wrapping the wire around the terminal (and no the terminal doesn't come off) taping the wire to the terminal, touching the wire to the terminal and i got nothing but a blue spark. How do i fix it Mr. Mcguyver please help

Reply to
jctowler101

He's talking about the plug wire that comes from the magneto.

If I understand correctly you pulled off the boot and terminal end. You may be able to buy a new terminal end and boot and a local auto store. If not you will have to take off the pull starter to get to the magneto, then you can just replace the whole wire, it's soldered on the magneto.

What is FLAPS?

Searcher

Reply to
Shopdog

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@a26g2000pre.googlegroups.com:

Well, that cap where it connects to the spark plug is suppose to be highly insulated. But since you were willing to accept taping it maybe you wanna try this:

Get one that will fit under the plug tip screw cap. Insulate it with duct tape or something highly non-conductive.

Might check PartsAmerica or a mover shop to see if they have a "No way in hell is this gonna work" patchkit".

Considered changing the coil? Is other end of plug wire molded into the coil?

Reply to
Al Bundy

If this is correct he can buy them online, one sample.

-- Oren

Oren

Ah... did not realize that this was the same guy posting about a go kart engine. To do it right though he'll need the crimp tool.

FLAPS = Friendly Local Auto Parts Store (or F**king Lame Auto Parts Store, depending on whether or not it's one of those happy chains staffed by guys who got turned down at McDonalds)

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@i13g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

Go to an auto store and get a new clip to crimp on the wire.

Reply to
Jim Yanik