Spark arrestor/chimney cap question

My home inspector told me that I needed spark arrestors/chimney caps on the two chimneys for the house I'm about to buy. One chimney is for an oil furnace. The other chimney is for a wood-burning fireplace, but the current owner put in a gas fireplace that does not need venting (and I don't intend to ever burn wood in that fireplace). So, neither one of these are producing embers. Do I really need chimney caps?
Thanks.
--
Bob in CT
Remove ".x" to reply