Spa wiring / hookup question for older Grandee

My Hot Spring Grandee (old, but new to me) has a junction box adjacent to the main black control box. I'm hooking it up for the first time, and have a "spare" black wire on the spa. I'm not sure what to hook it up to. It's caped off now, and nothing is powering up-no jets, no light, no heater.
The spa uses both 230 and 110. The light is on 110.
The way it is wired now is:
Sub panel wires --> Spa side wires are... --------------------------------------------------------- Red wire from subpanel to --> Red spa wire Red wire from subpanel to --> Red spa wire Blk wire from subpanel to --> Blue spa wire Blk wire from subpanel to --> Blue spa wire White wire from subpanel to--> White spa wire Ground wire from subpanel to --> grounded to the spa junction box.
THE PROBLEM: -->There is one black wire remaining on the spa, and I do not know what it should connect to.
Anyone know where the black wire on the spa should be connected?
Bill wrote:

If it were me, and knowing that people are going to sit in this spa full of water, I'd be contacting the manufacturer, not guessing. I also hope you have the appropriate GFCI installed.

I do have GFCIs, and everything is to code. I contacted the manufacturer twice, and they were no help. I also contacted two of the local dealers. Plus I contacted a local firm that repairs spas, and they said they don't work on Hot Spring. Go figure.
I called another Hot Spring location and spoke with the owner, who knew the model. I need to install another breaker (20A 110). The black wire goes there. This spa is probably a 1990, and back then they had three breakers. Later models had only two breakers, 30A and a 20A. That's all I installed.
Thanks folks,
Ever iterating toward a solution...
Bill
Thus spake Bill:

You need a wiring diagram. They are in the Pre-delivery instruction manual, available (listed by the model/year of your spa) on this page:
http://www.hotspring.com/Hot_Tub_Customers/owner_manual.html
They are PDF files for which you will need an application that can view these.
Good luck, Dave
--
DaveC
snipped-for-privacy@bogusdomain.net

"Bill" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message
Thanks Steve. I believe it is a 1990 model. They only have 1999 and newer manuals on their site. Their customer service line is useless--in several calls I have not gotten through to a human. On their site they say call the local retailer, and the local retailer says call Watkins Manufacturing. Every time I leave another message on their customer service line requesting the manual I get more frustrated with them and more likely to tell friends the company has issues.
I can't get to the power jumper because the box is very hard to access. I'd have to spend a full day unhooking it and hooking it back up to fine out which wire goes where.
Hot Spring said that it didn't make sense to get a service person here because they don't do electrical. Thus far I'd give Hot Spring a "0" for customer service.
Steve Barker LT wrote:

Update: have upgraded my opinion of Hot Spring. One of the reps at Watkins came through with flying colors and provided the information. It's now all wired up and fired up.