Spa Installed

OP checking back in.

I do appreciate everyone's comments though I don't totally agree with snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net that "The OP obviously doesn't have the knowledge to know if any further electrical work will be done properly". If I were that blissfully ignorant I would have been sitting in the spa today instead of posting here. Trad, you have been helpful though.

Anyhow, I've reached a decision not to have the "hack" back. While taking pictures of his "work" today, I stumbled on the last straw when I discovered that the shutoff box he installed is just a 60 AMP switch, not a breaker. Not only is the spa not protected by GFCI it is not protected period. This is criminally negligent!

I talked to the service department of the store that sold the spa and they recommended a licensed electrician that's done many previous spa installations for them. After talking to this new electrician about the work done, he's in disbelief that a claimed licensed electrician would be so irresponsible.

So, I'll call the "hack" tomorrow and tell him how it is. I will have the job done right by someone else because I cannot trust him again. (Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.) I'll give him the opportunity to reimburse me for the work needed to correct his installation; otherwise I file a formal complaint with the state licensing board. I should probably do this anyway. I might save some homes from burning down or some lives from being lost.

John

Reply to
John

Sounds like a good plan. For future jobs insist that a permit be taken out and the work inspected. Final payment (5%-10%) is not made until the job passes inspection.

Reply to
John Grabowski