Spa installation cost?

We havd an aluminum/glass sunroom where we have a 80" spa. It is very decrepit and needs constant attention and repair.

So, we want to buy a new 84x84" spa, tear out the old spa, and replace it with the new spa. Some disassembly of the sunroom is required, and several muscular men are also needed to do heavy lifting. Also, service upgrade from a 110v line to a 220V line will be needed, which I can do by myself.

So, how much would it cost to:

  1. Tear out the old spa
  2. Bring in the new one (some sunroom disassembly would be required)
  3. Install the spa
  4. Dispose of the old one (if I cannot sell it)

I used to do some projects myself, but this time I want to use hired help.

Ignoramus29721
1395000 us
Reply to
m Ransley

Call your local spa dealers. Get quotes. Call your local used spa dealers. Get quotes. Show them the list you provided above. It is impossible to say how much it will cost YOU in YOUR area.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Which new spa did you decide on?

I saw a nice one that had an overflow/waterfall that will catch any water displaced by having too many people and recycle it.

Reply to
HA HA Budys Here

they sell a "jumpking caspian spa" at our local Sam's Club for $2,998.00. 84x84", 220V, lots of jets etc.

Ignoramus29721

didn't think they would be interested in installing a spa that I bought at sams club... but will give it a try.

Ignoramus29721

One of the benefits of buying a discount spa. You get to handle the installation yourself. Now you need to find someone to do the work, and even if the local spa dealer will do part of it they certainly won't do it without cost.

Check the spa dealers to see what a comparable spa, installed, would cost.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Cochran

Not on their website... hmmm

Reply to
HA HA Budys Here

The down side to buying spas at Home Depot and Sams is that they usually don't have any spare parts. They sell chemicals and thermometers, but rarely any replacement hardware. This is where a name brand spa is better. We just bought two spas during the last year. We bought Catalina spas. We bought them from a used dealer of spas. One was $2500, and one was $2800. Delivery was $100 each. I had a friend wire them in, and had to go buy the wire.

Yes, you can get deals. Yes, you can do a lot of the work yourself. Yes, you can save money. Yes, you can buy an oddball or obsolete spa that will be a recurring pain in the neck. One of the large spinner nozzles went out in one of the spas. I took the old nozzle, went to the spa store, got the right nozzle, came home, and installed it in 30 seconds. I once had an obsolete Sundance, and had major problems getting spare parts or service for it. You might consider this when settling on the brand name of spa you want.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Most spa parts are bought from other vendors. I don't know of any spa manufacturer that makes their own components. The Spa manufaturer molds the shell, builds the frame and cabinet. Then they install jets, plumbing, heaters, controls and pumps they buy elsewhere. There are plenty of places to buy just about any spa part you can imagine. You can save a ton of money on parts by shopping around a little. Look on various components of your tub, and often you can determine who made what. My spa uses a Balboa spa pack and controls, and AOS/Magnatek motors. Many websites have selections of hundreds of jets, with pictures from which you can match up any jet I've ever seen. I just replaced a 2-speed, 2 hp motor and wet end with an EXACT replacement from a web vendor for 25% of the price the spa manufacturer wanted for the exact same item. I think $200 is a much better price than $800, don't you?

All that said, the molding of the shell and the design and contruction of the frame and cabinet are critical. A mistake or shortcut in either can turn a hot tub into a dump run with one loud "crack". That's the main reason I'd shy away from cheapo hot tubs.

BB

Reply to
BinaryBillTheSailor

The dealer I saw yesterday refused to even consider installing a spa if I bought it elsewhere.

Ignoramus9863

Talk directly to the installers. They probably would love to moonlight for cash.

Reply to
doubter