Spa GFCI Trips with 120VAC load. What next?

Reply to
RBM

It does, although previously the GFCI tripped without the motor attached. It's a shame that so much wiring is crammed into such a small box. It really makes it difficult to see if anything is grounding. I would try to follow the neutral wire that feeds the pump, to be sure that it's not coming in contact with ground, but IMO, most likely you have an intermittent problem with the pump

Reply to
RBM

Do you have a meter? If so check the motor windings to the case.

Look around in the wiring compartment to be sure you have no worn wires that are shorting out

Reply to
gfretwell

For sure the GFCI needs to be replaced. I'd start with that.

Reply to
trader4