Soy foods femminizing our boys?

Here is a second article which says much the same thing. http://www.mothering.com/articles/growing_child/food/soy_story.html

Soy is making kids \'gay\'

I can only tell you that my oldest son had colic and had to be switched to soy. The result, if any, was the opposite. He matured pretty much on time, and if anything had to be scolded for womanizing. He finally settled down and has 2 lovely daughters. On another note; I've decided after a lifetime of observing people I know: High testosterone males throw girls, low testosterone males throw boys. I used to think (and still haven't discounted) that it was Gods way of enlightening womanizers (by letting them be the father of the girls the future womanizers would be pursuing)
Eric in North TX wrote:

. Eric: Interesting you should say that!!!!!!
Our neighbour (has now departed this earth; and without speaking ill of the dead, he was bit of a 'Big feeling' fellow as we say here) was once bemoaning the fact that he had four daughters and no son.
We, at the time had two daughters who were good friends of the four next door.
With some irritation I finally said "Well you know Bill it's the father that determines the sex of the children", which I understood to be true?
Only a few years later with our two girls well into their teens we had a son! You should have seen Bill's expression! That son now 28, independent and working overseas.
(In part and in short, that soy causes male homosexuality and smaller male genitals)
I have been in enough locker rooms in my life to know that on average gay men don't have smaller genitals than straight men do. So I surely doubt soy is why we have gay men.
I also don't see how soy explains female homosexuality being as prevalent as male homosexuality.
From the soy research: Homosexuality is the result of extremely religious people finally getting tired of lying about their orientation.
I won't comment to the gay or religious aspects of this thread.
There was a study (that I can't locate right now) on ram testicle size. Those folks are interested in such because it determines how many females a ram can settle in a breeding season. Testicle growth after birth was effected by several things; different feed, weather, health care, environmental factors.
One of the cites in the article was that human testicles were smaller than earlier generations.
--Andy Asberry-- ------Texas-----

Settle? I'll have to try that word on a human female. :-)
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Japan may have the highest rate of soybean consumption in the world, including for tofu, yet they have the same proportion of homosexual people as other countries do, and the rate of breast cancer, which tends to increase with estrogen levels, is lower. While the birthrate is very low, about 1.4 children per married couple, that's much more related to the changing culture (more wives work than before), not lower sperm counts. Compared to Europeans and Africans, penis size for Japanese averages 1" shorter, but that's related more to smaller overall size than high soy intake. Age of puberty for Japanese has also been older, but this is genetic (in my case almost 17, which is freaky even for Asian, but the same happened to my wife, who's not.).

Facts and logic will get you nowhere in newsgroups.