Sources for a Small Enclosed Trailer for Storage

Anyone have a suggestion where to find an old beat-up enclosed trailer locally, 4x8 or larger fairly quickly? Craigslist, ebay and the local classified papers & websites all are "like new," more than $500 (my budget) or too far away.
Will need it for 6-8 weeks. Prefer to buy and sell later rather than rent in case it ends up to be longer. It will be used for moving supplies from one building to another on my property and storage -- won't need to be registered for use on the roads.
If I can't find one this weekend, I may have to buy a 4x8 open trailer and add sides and a top, which I would make a mess out of.
Any ideas are greatly appreciated!
Ralph
On 1/17/2015 4:22 PM, Ralph West wrote:

Did you look renting one of the PODS storage units that they will drop on your premises? Have no idea what they charge but...
You seem to have covered all the bases locally with Craigslist, etc. Only thing I would consider in your shoes would be to post in Craigslist.. "Want to Rent Small Enclosed Storage Trailer" and see what happens.
Failing that, up your budget and buy the cheapest one you can find. Since you intend to sell it later anyway, if you pay a bit more now, you likely can sell it for a bit more later.
On Sat, 17 Jan 2015 14:22:31 -0800, "Ralph West"

Buy a clapped out cube van. Or an old mini-bus, or an old travel trailer. All of which can be found for under $500, at least around here.
--

Thanks, UC and Clare. Still no luck so looks like I'll have to set up a
shed in the side yard. I found some good prices on steel shipping
[...]

Thanks, this one is about the size I need. $549 seems a big steep for something this small. I was thinking they were less cost. I think I'll go ahead and build one from plywood. Less than $200 in materials. Still would rather have a utility trailer, but not time to shop around right now. http://www.lowes.com/pd_636758-1217-1862705_4294612523
On Sun, 18 Jan 2015 23:18:05 -0800, "Ralph West"

An old van won't do the job?? Uncertifieable less than $300 and you sell it for scrap when you are done.

trailer locally, 4x8 or larger fairly quickly? Craigslist, ebay and the local classified papers & websites all are "like new," more than $500 (my budget) or too far away.

than rent in case it ends up to be longer. It will be used for moving supplies from one building to another on my property and storage -- won't need to be registered for use on the roads.

trailer and add sides and a top, which I would make a mess out of.

("Quebec

door

available

here.

for something this small. I was thinking they were less cost. I think I'll go ahead and build one from plywood. Less than $200 in materials. Still would rather have a utility trailer, but not time to shop around right now.

Great idea. I am on my way! Thanks!

trailer locally, 4x8 or larger fairly quickly? Craigslist, ebay and the local classified papers & websites all are "like new," more than $500 (my budget) or too far away.

than rent in case it ends up to be longer. It will be used for moving supplies from one building to another on my property and storage -- won't need to be registered for use on the roads.

trailer and add sides and a top, which I would make a mess out of.

("Quebec

door

available

here.

for something this small. I was thinking they were less cost. I think I'll go ahead and build one from plywood. Less than $200 in materials. Still would rather have a utility trailer, but not time to shop around right now.

- Great idea. I am on my way! Thanks!
Nothing here under $1500 in the local online classified. Only way to find one I know of is to drive up and down the streets. All the printed classified have disappeared around here. Regular newspaper classified ads are too expensive for used items.
Internet has ruined all the small time and individual local sellers.
On Tue, 20 Jan 2015 13:10:11 -0800, "Ralph West"

Where are you located?
On Tue, 20 Jan 2015 13:10:11 -0800, "Ralph West"

I know the internet has changed things, but can't they sell through Craig's list or Ebay. I think ebay has a way to localize car sales so you only see those near where you are.
When I wanted to see how the convertible top on a 2000 Toyota Solara was done, I googled the car and found a 2001 in a used car lot about 15 miles from here, and a 2000 model about 20 miles from here. (I wasn't going to buy it. Just look at it and measure the window. The guy running the lot was very nice and had no objection. He didn't even come out of the office to see what I was doing.)
And this was when I wanted a specific make, model and a small range of years. If I only wanted a cheap van, I guess I would have to use different search terms. Actually the car neaest me was on a big webpage that had loads of all kinds of vehicles all over the country I think. I forget it's name, but just search for a 2001 Toyota Solara in Finksburg Mayland. He may have finally sold it but it was there for 3 months at least. If that doesn't work search for pickup trucks in Finksburg. He had mostly pickups and suvs Anyhow, that was how I came across the really big used car webpage.
Or just goolgle for used vans or used vans under $300 Even though you won't find "under $300" in most ads, I think google might be smart enough to know what you mean. Definitely Ebay motors has a search by price thing along the left side.
https://midweststoragecontainers.com/used-shipping-containers.htm

Thanks. Those are great. In this case, too big for the space I have, but one of these daze I would like to put one of those in the back yard.