Source for switch plates?

I just started looking and havent found a switch plate for the box I put in.

1 outlet and 3 light switches. All I've found is 1 outlet and 2 light switches...

TIA STeve

Reply to
comcastss news groups

They make blank covers for "multi-gang" boxes. Not decorative, tho. You might have to make your own cutouts. Try Wire-Mold products, at a good electrical supply, or get a wire-mold catalog. They have multi-gang stuff, decorative/finished.

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

Try the big box stores, last year I had a similar problem and was able to buy single width plastic switch/outlet plate covers whose sides snapped together to build up what was needed. They had ones with one outside edge as well as ones with two snap together sides. I put a little plastic model cement on the joints "just in case" but it probably wan't needed.

The finished plate assembly got covered with wallpaper, so the joints weren't even visible.

I do remember I couldn't find one with an opening to match the GFCI outlet I was installing, but maybe I missed spotting it or they were out of stock. I had to carve that one from a regular toggle switch style plate and drill/c'sink a couple of screw holes in it.

HTH,

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Google is your friend.

Rod Dahl

Here's a little plainer/cheaper version.

Rod Dahl

Assuming a the usual light switch and a duplex outlet, plates exist but are a low volume item. You may have to get one from an electrical wholesaler, which probably wouldn't like selling only a single plate, or through an electrical contractor, or on-line.

Leviton part numbers:

86043 ivory 88043 white 85043 brown 84043 stainles steel (and several other types)

--bud--

Reply to
Bud--

If you go to all "decora" type openings (they fit your GFCI) you should have less/no problem finding 4 "square" openings. And if you ever decided to change to dimmers or GFCI or duplex switches (which you might have considered earlier if you didn't have "wire count" problems you don't have to hunt down a new coverplace.

Reply to
John Gilmer

The "big box" stores won't have it. If you have an old time hardware store, or electrical supply store nearby, check there.

Bob

Reply to
Bob F

Start with 2 plates, one for 2 switches, the other for 1 switch & 1 outlet. Trim a bit from the left side of one and the right side of the other. A table saw would probably do the job easily. Then just butt them together and ignore the crack.

Reply to
Rich Greenberg

Also available from Pass & Seymour/Legrand Cat, # 38SP (regular duplex outlet) in ivory, white, brown, gray, light almond, polished brass and stainless steel. Cat # SP326 in the same colors, decorator type outlet (GFCI type) but no polished brass. A distributor may be the best place to buy it, but the brand is carried by Menards IIRC. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe

This is the best answer, and probably cheapest, too. Plus it looks nicer. We redid our whole house in Decora. Nice, clean look.

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Fischer