Source for broze bearings

I need 4 bronze plain sleeve bearings 5/16" ID X 3/8" OD X 3/8" Deep for a project. Anybody know a source for them? When I did a google search, all I got were major manufacturers, import companies, or parts for hobbies. I guess I'm looking for a giant hardware store on the web where I can order them. Thanks.
_________________________________
"Take a little 5FU, leucovorin and oxaliplatin for thy stomach's sake." -- 1 Timothy 5:23 (adapted)
Joe-46er wrote:

Try your local ACE hardware. Lowes or HD may also have these.
George E. Cawthon wrote:

Hi, Or bearing store. Tony

Try www.mcmaster.com or look for a bearing supply house.

This is Turtle.
You can go to a bearing place and get anything you want. i use '' Bearings are Us '' in Alexandria , Louisiana 71463 and they have never not had or could not get anything I wanted at all. they got cheap 1/8" piller bearings to the 50 ton 6" roller bearings. The one thing about them is they have not got the Dollar signs in their eyes when talking to you or pricing the bearings. i can just go by and tell them what type and describe it and they go in the back and come out with it.
They have got to have a bearing place some where near you.
TURTLE
<< I need 4 bronze plain sleeve bearings 5/16" ID X 3/8" OD X 3/8" >>
Common item at most electric motor repair shops. They may also have Oilite bearings if you prefer that. Another common source is any automotive machine shop. Bronze is often used for valve guides, and one typical valve guide could be sliced up into the 4 pieces you need. HTH
Joe
Thanks for the tips, but none of the sites have precisely what I need. I've already tried every hardware store in Philly to no avail. The McMaster website is huge! But doesn't have the ID - OD I need. Guess I'll just keep on looking or pay a machine shop $500 apiece for them.
On 11 Dec 2004 02:17:59 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comtosspam (Joe Bobst) wrote:

"Take a little 5FU, leucovorin and oxaliplatin for thy stomach's sake." -- 1 Timothy 5:23 (adapted)
Ed:
Disregard previous. McMaster DID have what I need. THANKS THANKS !!

"Take a little 5FU, leucovorin and oxaliplatin for thy stomach's sake." -- 1 Timothy 5:23 (adapted)