Soundproofing a ceiling...

Hi,
I recently moved into a new 1920's converted ground floor flat, which I have now discovered has problem noise from a certain area of the ceiling. The room consists of a living room/kitchen area divided by a large concrete supporting strut. Basically the ceiling which covers the kitchen area of the room is "hollow" when tapped, where as the ceiling covering the living room is made of solid concrete. So as you can guess, the concrete ceiling is excellent for soundproofing footsteps and voices where as the "hollow" ceiling transmits every bang/footstep/voice etc etc. As you can imagine, this becomes extremely noisy, especially from people cooking in the above kitchen.
I am now looking into soundproofing this 8x8 kitchen ceiling. Was looking into the services provided by this company: http://www.aquieterlife.co.uk .
Can anybody advise me on whether this solution would help in my case, or any other solution which may help.
Many thanks for any advice,
Neil.
Done right it will work.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
You have a project that can't be answered in a sentence or two. You may want to get the EPA's manual: "Quieting in the Home". It covers many aspects of sound control in the home and has illustrations, as well. More details at www.supersoundproofing.biz It's also available as a download, preserving the diagrams, etc.
BJ Nash
The Super Soundproofing Co.