sound proofing

Long story short, I have only a few days to get these answers and do the work. I'm having my basement finished and I'd like to lessen the sound transferring 1) through the HVAC ducts 2) From the floor above through to the basement (vinyl and wood floor above) 3) From a PVC drain pipe 4) From a room with all my mechanicals (heater etc) to the finished area
I know I've seen a very dense foam that could be installed between the joists but I haven't been able to find it. Any other suggestions. I live in SE MI if that matters. Thanks.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

One option would be something like Roxul AFB. It's a rock wool insulation batt that installs similar to fiberglass, but is designed for soundproofing more than thermal insulation. Up here in Canada you can get it at Home Depot among other places. I used it for part of my utility room walls and it seems to work well. Costs more than fiberglass though.
As for the ducts, you can frame around them for sound dampening insulation.
Chris

Like this?............
http://www.soundproofing.org/infopages/natural_fiber.htm
and this?........
http://www.soundproofing.org/cgi-bin/cart.pl ?
etc etc......seems as if this site would have just about everything you would need.
On 19 Apr 2007 10:50:04 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Forced air and soundproofing are very nearly mutually exclusive. And starting to figure out what you're doing "a few days" before you have to be finished guarantees either a bad job, or a missed deadline.
If you're trying to reduce sound FROM the air ducts, make them bigger. If you're trying to reduce sound THROUGH the ducts from one room to another, make them smaller, and do independant runs and returns to the furnace for each section.
In all cases add as much weight to assorted sound-transfer surfaces as you can. Decouple the surfaces where sound is generated from surfaces where you don't want sound tranmitted.