sound activated light socket

I am trying to locate a product that I used to have a while back. It is a sound-activated light socket that you screw into an existing light socket and then screw a light bulb into it. I used to have it high on the wall of a stairwell. Leaving the unit switched on from dusk until dawn, the light would turn on for a couple of minutes whenever it detected a sound within or near the stairwell. Very convenient and economical.

There could be a motion activated type:
http://www.carolwrightgifts.com

Big Al wrote:

The clapper would work for a lamp but not for a wall socket. It's too bad if they stopped make the useful product I am looking for. There are movement activated light sockets but they require you to enter the dark area before they are activated by your movements, which could be hazardous. A voice-activated socket would allow you to just say "on" before you enter the dark area.

Why not just use the same motion detectors they put on exterior yard lights?
I wonder if you ever found one. I've been looking as well. Had one (Intermatic) in the past, it broke and I'd like to get another. Sound is better than motion for my purposes. I need it to come on with sound, sensitivity adjustable, and stay on for a couple of minutes. That's exactly what my unit did for years. Loud noise outside? Lights on. Someone at the doorknob? Here you go. Nice.
I'm surprised that they seem to be discontinued at Intermatic and at abledata: http://www.abledata.com/abledata.cfm?pageid 3583&top732&productid275&trail",10445
The nightlight at smarthome is the closest thing I've found, but I need the full 60 watts or so. Tintin