Sorta OT: replacing sliders and (eventually) windows in MD/DC

I will be needing to replace 2 banks of sliders and am looking for info as to the best place to order sliding glass doors, french doors, and (eventually) replacement windows in the MD/DC area.

Each "set" of sliders consists of a 3' fixed panel with a set of sliders. There's a pair of such sets on 2 floors that desperately need replacing as they date back to the early 60s and don't exactly lock very well (at all in some cases so I will be relying on a pole in the track).

I've installed sliders in new construction, but any thoughts on additional issues with yanking out the existing stuff and installing new? I don't see it as an overwhelming challenge (remove door from frame; install frame; reinstall door into frame), but what am I forgetting?

Thanx Renata

Reply to
Renata