sorta OT: kirby vacuum maintenance

not sure if there's a better place to post this or not, but does anyone know the trick to replacing the brush roll and belt on an old Kirby upright vacuum cleaner? I've been dragging it around with me (unused) through 3-4 moves, now I'd like to get it working again so I can use it upstairs in the garage. It's a "Dual Sanitronic 50" if that helps any. Pretty darn old. Once upon a time I knew how to do this (actually worked a very brief stint in a vacuum shop one summer during college) but my brain seems to have forgotten. I'm trying to disassemble/thoroughly clean it before I put it back into use because SWMBO is allergic to just about everything and just about everywhere I've lived (and used said vacuum) has had lots of small furry critters.

I may be "quirky" but I like the old, simple stuff far better than new, plasticky stuff. Plus if I ever feel the need to be stupid, I could always repolish the aluminum case simply because shiny stuff makes me happy :)

thanks,

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel