Sorta-OT HP printer problems

Page 3 of 3

When my laser all-in-one still didn't feed paper correctly, after spending like $23 for new separation pads and roller, I dumped the all-in-one and the replacement does not have a fax or paper feeder. (Just scanner, copier and printer.) I have another printer with the fax and feeder (though I never got its fax to send), so no need for them here.

I'm not into the hassles of shipping. I gave my near new toner cartridge away on the local Craig's List.
Terry Coombs wrote:

Hi, From many different printers I owned HP gave most paper jams and paper trouble in general. Maybe it has something to do with their design(paper path) My last printer was Canon Pixma series MP990, a good photo printer for home use, I recall I never had any paper related trouble. Now moved onto Brother laser MFC, no paper related problem. It just chugs along with cheap paper I buy by the box at Wall mart.

My last HP was a Deskjet 1000. Frequent 'Out of Paper' IIRC when it wasn't. Same with a Canon Pixma MG3122. Both are in the corner gathering dust. I used to buy HP all the time too. No problems with previous printers for some 30+ years. I do have an ancient LJIII that I really should fix - paper pickup jams. But just don't print much anymore.
Now I have a Brother HL2240 laser. For now, I'll stick with Brother.
Good printers seem to be scarce these days.