sorta OT: can you help me find this bath mat?

I remember seeing these in stores a couple years ago, but not recently... I thought they were hideously ugly at the time, but then visited Japan and pretty much everywhere I stayed had one... and they're still ugly, but they're great. Feel great underfoot, and don't seem to hold damp like regular carpet-style bath mats do. So I'd be willing to sacrifice a little appearance for comfort and cleanliness.

here's an example:

unfortunately, googling for "microfiber bath mat" yields a lot of results that don't look anything like those and none that do. I could give up and order from jshoppers, but I really don't like any of those colors either.

BTW, I've been using Japanese washcloths for years as well, I can find those in Asian grocery stores, ever since a Japanese girlfriend introduced me to them and everything else immediately seemed inferior. They really do have some things figured out over there better than we do.

thanks

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Are these the things?

Do the same Google search and click on Images to search visually. It's much faster for such searches.

RicodJour

yes, thank you, and a better color selection too! I hate to have to order a bath mat from Japan, but hey, I want what I want.

I remember seeing them in stores here in the US a couple years ago, but they seem to have disappeared from the shelves.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Don't give up so easily. That was just the first picture I ran across and I really was just interested in showing you my search technique for such things.

-Use an initial best-guess search term

-Click on Images, locate closest match and use that image's description as the new search term

-Search eBay

RicodJour

To resurrect an old post... I never got around to to ordering the above mentioned bath mats, but was in Home Goods last night with a friend (obviously I would not have been shopping at all yesterday left to my own devices) and they had them, labeled as "Lush Home" brand. So I bought two :)

Odd thing is, I can't even find *those* by searching online...

nate

Reply to
N8N