Sorry Conservettes!

Major survey shows gun ownership declining.
http://news.yahoo.com/major-survey-shows-gun-ownership-132558989.html
bob_villa wrote:

That's the biggest load of horseshit I ever heard . The sale of guns is at an all time high , and so is gun ownership . What's happening here is that people don't want the "we're the government and we're here to help you" people to know they own guns . Me ? The only guns in my house are Daddy's antique WWII Japanese rifle (which is no longer safe to fire) and a replica black powder gun that looks good up on the wall .
--
Snag

On Tue, 10 Mar 2015 18:18:54 -0700 (PDT), bob_villa

That just means people are not comfortable about telling a stranger on the phone that they have a gun.
On Wednesday, March 11, 2015 at 2:10:49 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I thought that too, until I read that it was an "in person" interview. Even worse than on the phone. I would bet a lot of people aren't comfortable answering that and a lot of similar questions. And given some of the negative hysteria, political correctness, I wouldn't be surprised that a lot of people lie about a lot of sensitive questions today. I wouldn't read much into one survey.
In wrote:

yabbut...it makes bob feel warm and fuzzy <g>

I bet they assumed "none of your damn business" meant "no".
On 3/11/2015 9:36 AM, trader_4 wrote:

I personally refuse to do surveys.
As far as the survey post, it has to be BS. Guns were selling so fast, prices shooting up, ammunition and reloading supplies scarce that overall gun ownership has gone up. There may have been a lull but much more people are armed than before.
On 3/11/2015 12:31 PM, Frank wrote:

Be interesting to know how many more first time gun owners, versus already owners buying another gun.

My first thoughts were: 1. Who would pay for such a survey? 2. Why the importance of releasing results now?
Is the citizenry supposed to be such "keep up with the joneses" that in the face of such a decline, no one will buy guns [or bother to block eliminating 5.56 mm ammunition] just because buying guns are on the decline?
I did NOT read the survey results, but *if* the results did not include the EXACT wordings and methodology, ....well you know, anyone can say pretty much anything about results of a survey. etc
Does anybody remember the reference in Scripture, where during the 'end times' one is supposed to sell their clothes and buy a sword?
On 3/12/2015 10:13 AM, RobertMacy wrote:

St Luke, 22:36
https://www.lds.org/scriptures/nt/luke/22?lang=eng
I do agre with you, the wording and the methodology of the survey can greatly skew the results.
On Tue, 10 Mar 2015 18:18:54 -0700 (PDT), bob_villa

    I read a similar survey, that showed that the number of husbands that beat their wives is now ZERO.     Absolutely true, and documented, as the interviewees were required to identify themselves and sign the form.     ;)     []'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
On 3/12/2015 11:07 AM, Shadow wrote:

Have you stopped beating your wife?
On Thu, 12 Mar 2015 15:29:26 -0400, Stormin Mormon

    Of course I have !!! I'm a good guy.     []'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012

    Tendinitis.     []'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Oren posted for all of us...

Or if you are in the NFL or NBA or so on...
--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*

bob_villa posted for all of us...

Yeah, yeah, yeah. What they said... Another "survey" with another slant.
You have your opinion and I have mine. Won't convince either of us to change it.
I have mine. I'm not forcing you to have one; so leave me alone.
I go to large and small gun stores all the time and guess what - they can't keep inventory.
Most cops have personal weapons.
Det. Lt Joe Kenda: I had guns in every room of my house and one by the bed. He's dealing with reality.
--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*