Sony stereo won't shut off.

I have a Sony STR D990 When i try to shut it off i get a message in the window DRLC Main What is it & how can i fix it ?

Reply to
desgnr

Post the message. Maybe with enough drywall putty and duct tape, it can be fixed.

Better yet, try sci.electronics.repair.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

You're in the wrong group. There are other groups more related but frankly you will probably need a significant electronics background if you wish to service your own gear.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

oh, is "DRLC Main" the message? Google "Sony STRD990 DRLC Main"

The manual.

very useful, all scans, can't search it.

Check for loose wire off of power switch

check for blown fuse
may mean Dual Room Link Control People were guessing More instructions on fixing it.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

Any good dyi'er would just pull the plug ;)

Reply to
Frank

Apparently, a problem Sony has ignored for the last 6 yrs:

Toss the piece of junk and buy a good stereo.

nb

Reply to
notbob

There is no problem that can't be solved with the correct amount of high explosives...LOL..Or as some others say the right size Estwing...LOL...

Reply to
benick

"desgnr" wrote in news:hovi5d$2969$ snipped-for-privacy@adenine.netfront.net:

Pull the plug.

Reply to
Stepfann King

if u still own RM-U221 Remote Control Unit just press SYSTEM OFF button - the receiver will shut off and message will not pop-up again.

Reply to
gamilwaukee

replying to gamilwaukee, Kknettel wrote: That worked for me.

Reply to
Kknettel

Thank you for that answer - mine was doing the same thing.

Reply to
djfan4741