Sony CCD CCTV Security Cameras & EverFocus DVR Installation

I helped a friend install a very cheap CCTV & DVR system a few weeks ago at a small shopping plaza. We spent about $180 on the most inexpensive "Made In China" CMOS cameras and an $8 PCI DVR capture card to put in an old Win XP based computer.

Needless to say, the image quality of the cameras and the features of the DVR card left a lot to be desired.

We upgraded the system with four Sony color IR CCD CCTV cameras ($189) and an EverFocus stand alone DVR ($500).

I took pictures of the whole process, captured some screen shot samples of the image quality from the cameras and the EverFocus DVR.

Here's the gallery -

Hopefully my experience will help some of you save a bit of money and time if you install a CCTV/DVR system yourself.

Cheers, Paul Michaels Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Reply to
Paul Michaels